7/19/2005

the price of warfare

i recently launched a full-scale attack on the wasps and hornets swarming my deck. i had enough. if you know me, you know that i abhor killing in any form. of course, i do smoke, so i'm also a two-faced hypocrite.... but i digress.

i'm also a strong believer in karma. you know -- 'what goes around comes around' and all that. it's easy to believe in karma... when it's going to happen to other people. but, as i was recently reminded, karma works to, in addition to working fro.

after launching my attack and, having utterly demolished what i felt was a full platoon of opposing wasps (about 12 in all), i was feeling confident in my position. a slight tactical error, to say the least.

on about the fourth day, the wasps started coordinating their efforts. one would try and find the unknown (to me) goodies hidden underneath my deck, while the other would dive-bomb me, distracting me from my weapon of choice (a rolled up newspaper).

yesterday, my defences were finally broken, and it has taken me this long to get over the anguish of it all. there i was, on hold with air canada (go figure!), standing and minding my own business (holding the rolled up newspaper...) when out of the blue, and all of a sudden --- WHAMO! right in the back, near my shoulder.

did i mention i'm allergic to wasp stings?

the little bugger got me, and you know what the first thought that entered into my mind was? 'fuckin karma.' then i started to laugh for a moment before i started to worry.

in the end, i didn't have a reaction, and all is (obviously) well. oh yea -- the moral of the story?

DON'T FUCK WITH KARMA (OR A WASP) AND IT WON'T FUCK WITH YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home