8/24/2005

NaNoWriMo 2005

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and Blogger has created a spin-off they call NaNoBlogMo - National Novel BLOGGING Month. My goal here, is to use Blogger to write my first novel. And I'm going to do it in 30 days.

That's right. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a novel - 50,000 words or more - in the month of November. Just 30 days. That's about 1700 words per day, or 6-8 pages of written text.

There's a catch.

The truth is, I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head, jangling like so many lost pennies, that it's become quite difficult to figure out which one to proceed with first. Here is where I enlist my (hopefully) faithful readers to point me in the right direction. It's your chance to let me know what YOU want to read about.

So, comment away. All thoughts will be taken under serious consideration. As we get closer to NaNoWri/BlogMo, I will be shortlisting certain ideas that appeal to me as a writer, and soliciting feedback from you in order to gain a clear starting perspective so that when Nov 1st hits, I am ready. I will then create a new online home specifically for my novel, so that you can watch the progression during the month of November. You may be asked to provide feedback and direction during the process too.

C'mon! Don't be shy! What have you always thought would make a good book, but haven't found it yet? What idea popped into your head one day, causing you to think, "That would make a GREAT book!"?

The challenge has been issued. The gauntlet thrown down.

pk

7 Comments:

At 9:48 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I particularly like your interactive approach. I'll be busy writing my own during November, but I'll bookmark your blog to see how it turns out.

 
At 1:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write what you know, but not necessarily all about you. Write something funny - there's not enough funny fiction out there.

That's my advice...
Jason

 
At 4:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My suggestion is "Family and Life"

 
At 5:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pauly - I hope you tell something YOU have to say.
I'm excited to read it.

 
At 3:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with kg. Something that YOU have to say. You have taken it all in...mixed it all up...spit out some bile...processed the rest through your integrity gauge...now let's hear it!

 
At 4:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pauly,

I'm still waiting for you to post the story you wrote in November. I never had a chance to see it. I think others may also be interested.

 
At 4:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above comment is from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home